Friday, March 20, 2009

Til The Cows Come Home


This is a gift shop in Shawano. They have some local crafters and artists displaying their works of art. As of today they have a new photographer's display too. That's right I finally got some pictures there! 18 of them to be exact. I was in there in December and saw some local photographers had photos there that I compete with at the fair. So I asked if she would be interested in any more photographs. She said she would like to see some of my work. So I did a binder full of some of my favorites and went back there. She loved most of them! Well it took me until now to get them there. Most of these photos were from my film camera so I had to find negatives and have them made. I also had to buy mats, plastic sleeves, hangers, business cards (thanks to my niece Lisa for making me some) and a silver pen as all photos should be signed. Well this took me awhile as January is usually full of tax stuff and snowmobiling I didn't have time to find old negatives. But business has been slow since Christmas so I don't think I missed out on too much. Summer is the busy season. Now I will have to wait and see how long it takes before one of mine is sold. I will let you know when that happens. I'm not holding my breath. There are alot of nice photos there.

No comments:

Post a Comment