Sunday, May 17, 2009

Shopped til we almost dropped!

Well the rummage sales were super! We had such a good time. Jerry and I even went the day before they officially started and hit about 12 sales. The deal of the day was 14 rolls of Christmas wrapping paper for $2.50. One roll was never opened and it is pretty paper too! The woman was going to throw it out because her daughter had figured out that it was the same paper as the year before and Santa wouldn't do that. Who cares! Apparently the hard economic times have not hit that family. Jerry found a really nice print of a winter scene with pheasants he got for $5. Now I have to rearrange my living pictures put I was getting kind of sick of one of them anyway. So Saturday Sue, Bonnie and I started out at 7:15 a.m. and got home a little after 6 p.m. Would have stayed longer but no one was open anymore. The car was almost full. I could have put something on my lap yet. Sue got an ice cream maker so she's making the ice cream and we're bringing over the cream de menthe for grasshoppers. Bonnie bought the most but she always buys sleepers, blankets, etc. for her mother-in-laws church to make layettes to send to third world countries. 25 cents is the limit on that stuff. Some people even donate when they hear what it's for. I found Jerry a battery charger for $5 and it works! I get Christmas cookie tins for the cookie walk at church. 25 cents is my limit too. They are easy to find. Everyone has those. I wish Pulaski, Bonduel and Seymour weren't all the same weekend. We have so much fun. You have to keep an open mind when you go, never know what you'll find.

I made a new rhubarb torte. Will post recipe this week. Jenny was back as of Friday and I haven't been to the barn. I am actually getting a few things done around here. Life is good!


"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping." - Bo Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment